Transportation Maintenance Division

Main Content

Maintains and repairs county roads and bridges, including shoulders, culverts, guardrails, traffic signals, signs and lane markings; operates the Canby Ferry; administers Adopt-A-Road program.

We maintain the integrity and safety of 1,413 miles of county roads, 186 bridges, 2,400 miles of rock shoulder and 40,000 road signs, and we operate the Canby Ferry that serves more than 85,000 vehicles a year.

We also respond to over 5,000 public service maintenance requests every year; provide 24-hour snow removal on major county roads during winter storms; maintain more than 9,300 catch basins, nearly 8,200 cross culverts and over 240 dry wells; sweep almost 380 miles of curbed roads, and maintain over 111,300 feet of guardrail.


Ride Canby Ferry

Connecting Canby, and Wilsonville/Stafford across the Willamette River.

Road Projects

Information on how we determine what projects to do and lists of what we are currently working on.

Featured Staff

Be alert in work zones

Adopt A Road Program

Volunteer to to help keep our roadways clean.

FAQs for Transportation Maintenance


We don’t remove dead trees unless they are currently hazard to the traveling public. Dead tree removal is the property owner’s responsibility.


We can’t trim trees that are tangled with active utility lines. You’ll need to contact your utility service to do this.


We strive to create the safest possible driving conditions during inclement weather. Our top priorities are county main roads, providing access for emergency services and clearing designated snow routes.

During inclement weather, our crews run 24/7 to treat as many roads as possible. We recommend staying put during an ice or snow storm as the best practice, but if you need to venture out, check current road conditions and traffic cameras at

If you see safety concerns on our roads this winter, please submit a road concern report, or give us a call at 503-557-6391or email us at


Please contact ODOT with concerns on state roads such as I-5, I-205, Highway 211, Highway 212, Highway 213/82nd Ave, Highway 224, Highway 26, Highway 99E/McLoughlin Blvd. ODOT maintains signals, vegetation, signage, potholes, etc. on these roads. Read ODOT FAQs.

Please submit ODOT road concern report, or give ODOT a call at 1-888-275-6368 or email ODOT at


Please contact our Engineering Department about construction projects at 503-742-4691 or


Our crews only pick up deer and elk when on the roadway. If a small animal is creating a safety hazard, we will clear the road for safe travel. Please submit a road concern report, or give us a call at 503-557-6391or email us at


Our crews pick up Adopt-A-Road debris and reported illegal dumps once a week. Thank you for your patience as we place newly reported sites in our system. Learn more about reporting illegal dumping.


We produce wood chips as a by-product of cutting brush and processing vegetation along county roads. If you’d like to receive free wood chips, please complete the request form. We will contact you to evaluate the accessibility of your property. We accommodate requests as time and material allow. We cannot guarantee that you will receive chips, because they are delivered to the nearest site on our list when the truck is full. Your site must be able to accommodate up to 20 yards. Request wood chips.


Studded tires are legal in Oregon from Nov. 1 through March 31 each year. Learn more about using chains and traction tires



Transportation Services Building, 19246 Wacheno Parkway Oregon City, OR 97045

Office Hours:

Monday to Thursday 
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

After Hours: