To protect the health of our public and our employees during the current COVID-19 pandemic, Clackamas County has closed this office to the public, effective until at least June 15.
This month's meeting will be held by conference call.
Meeting materials can be found lower on this page.
To listen to the meeting:
- Phone number to connect via conference call: 1-669-900-6833
- Meeting ID No: 364 652 260
For information, contact Lauren Haney at firstname.lastname@example.org
WES Advisory Committee
After the formalization of the Water Environment Services (WES) partnership between Clackamas County Service District No. 1 (CCSD#1), Tri-City Service District (TCSD) and the Surface Water Management Agency of Clackamas County (SWMACC) on Nov. 3, 2016, WES developed a comprehensive communication and engagement outreach initiative to help it better understand what it needs to do to strengthen its relationship with the communities it serves.
As a result this comprehensive process, WES developed a recommended advisory committee structure and an accompanying set of bylaws to govern that committee upon establishment. On Sept. 14, 2017, the Board of County Commissioners of Clackamas County (BCC) acting as the governing body of WES, created a standing advisory committee consisting of customers, stakeholders and city representatives referred to as the Water Environment Services Advisory Committee.
In September 2017, an extensive recruitment process was launched to find 16 members to serve on the committee. Community members and representatives from partner cities participated with WES in the application screening process that followed.
On Dec. 5, 2017, The BCC approved the recommendations for committee membership. The committee will meet quarterly with the first meeting scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the Main Floor Auditorium, Room 115 of the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
|May 21, 2020||agenda||packet|
|March 19, 2020||agenda||packet|
|Jan. 30, 2020||agenda||summary||packet|
|Nov. 14, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|Oct. 24, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|July 18, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|May 23, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|March 21, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|Jan. 10, 2019||agenda||summary||packet|
|Sept. 27, 2018||agenda||summary||packet|
|June 14, 2018||agenda||summary||packet|
|March 29, 2018||agenda||summary||packet|
|Jan. 11, 2018||agenda||summary||packet|
The committee provides input and makes recommendations on surface water and wastewater issues to WES and the BCC. Additionally, the committee will:
- Provide a forum for coordinating, learning, understanding and gathering input on surface water and wastewater plans, policies, rules and regulations, fees, and projects;
- Review, discuss and make recommendations on proposed operational and multi-zone capital improvements to the region's surface water and wastewater treatment systems, master plans, investment strategies and capital projects; and
- Advise on and support implementation of educational and public engagement strategies on issues relating to wastewater services, bio-solids management, surface water management, watershed health, erosion control and other related topics.
Members have experience and/or background in wastewater management, watershed health and restoration, economic development, and surface water. Members must reside or work within the WES service area.
WES serves the cities of Gladstone, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn and the communities of unincorporated Clackamas County.
Committee membership includes:
- 6 ratepayers from cities in WES service area
- Christopher Bowker, Gladstone
- Greg DiLoreto, West Linn
- William Gifford, Oregon City
- Kay Mordock, Johnson City
- Michael Morrow, Happy Valley
- Angel Falconer, Milwaukie
- 2 ratepayers from unincorporated Clackamas County
- Ron Weigel
- Kathryn Miller
- 2 elected officials
- Markley Drake, Councilor, City of Happy Valley
- Russ Axelrod, Mayor, West Linn
- Rita Baker, Greater Oregon City Watershed Council
- Renee Harber, Environmental Learning Center at Clackamas Community College
- 2 members of development community
- Tessah Danel, Bank of the West, Oregon City
- Roseann Johnson, Home Builders Association Metro Portland
- 2 business owners or managers
- Diana Helm, Business representative
- David Schleef, Business representative
Water Environment Services Technical Advisory Team
The Water Environment Services Technical Advisory Team is designed to seek participation and input from a working group of engineers and technical staff from WES and partner cities. Team meetings provide a forum where members can work collaboratively to find solutions for regional issues. The team's first meeting was held on Nov. 1, 2017. The team meets on a quarterly basis.
Elected Officials Forum
The Elected Officials Forum was created in response to a request from elected representatives from within the Water Environment Services area to engage on issues of common interest. It is designed to promote shared understanding of regional and local issues related to policies and the future of wastewater management. It also provides an opportunity for the Board of County Commissioners to solicit input and ideas for future conversations. The first Elected Officials Forum was held Oct. 18, 2017. Forums are held on quarterly basis
|Jan. 28, 2019||agenda||audio|
|Dec. 13, 2018||agenda||summary||audio|
|July 30, 2018||agenda||summary||audio||packet|
|June 25, 2018||agenda||summary||audio||packet|
|March 29, 2018||agenda||summary||audio||packet|
|Feb. 23, 2018||agenda||summary||audio|
|Oct. 18, 2017||agenda||summary|
For more information, please contact liaison Lauren Haney at email@example.com 503-742-4591.