Transportation System Development Charges (TSDC)
Updated Jan. 1, 2018
TSDCs are one-time fees assessed on new or expanded developments in unincorporated Clackamas County based on the number of vehicle trips a particular land use generates. The fees are set to cover the cost of transportation facilities needed to serve the new or expanded development and the people who will occupy or use the development.
TSDCs in unincorporated Clackamas County
- Installment Plan
- Reductions for Station Area and Mixed-Use Developments
- Residential permits
- Statement of use
- TSDC overview
- TSDCs in City of Happy Valley: Clackamas County and the City of Happy Valley no longer operate a Joint TSDC District. The city has a different rate schedule than Clackamas County. Check the city website or call 503-783-3800 for additional information.
A TSDC can be included in the final calculation of building permit fees for residential and commercial projects, if applicable.
- A TSDC is included in the final calculation of building permit fees for commercial projects.
- Any new single-family residence or manufactured home is assessed a TSDC.
- Accessory Dwelling Units will be charged the adopted rate for the ITE classification 220- apartment.
- Replacement dwellings are not charged a TSDC. County staff may require a replacement dwelling agreement to confirm the prior residence.
- Residential accessory structures (garages, shops, etc.) are not charged a TSDC.
- A guest home as defined by ordinance is not assessed a TSDC.
For more information, contact Wendi Coryell at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-742-4657 or in Transportation Engineering on the third floor of the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
TSDC fees only apply to new or expanded residential dwellings, not to replacement dwellings. County staff may require a replacement dwelling agreement to confirm the prior residence.
TSDCs for new or expanded residential dwellings are as follows:
|Type of development||TSDC per unit|
|Single-family residential / detached||$4,374 / dwelling unit|
|Mobile home in park||$2,293 / space|
|Apartment||$3,056 / dwelling unit|
|Condo / townhome||$2,670 / dwelling unit|
|Accessory dwelling unit||$3,056 / dwelling unit|
Commercial permits/statement of use
All commercial permits (including new uses, change of occupancy and tenant improvements) must include a completed Statement of Use form to be reviewed by the Engineering Division before the permit is issued so that any applicable TSDC rate can be determined. TSDC rates vary depending on the use of the structure. This form is needed to clarify the type of development and past use of the space.
The Statement of Use form must be completed in full and returned to the Engineering Division prior to permit issuance:
- by email to Wendi Coryell at email@example.com
- in person or by mail to the third floor permits lobby in the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
Parks System Development Charges (PSDC)
Parks System Development Charges are one-time fees charged to new development to help pay a portion of the costs to meet parks and recreation needs created by growth. PSDC fees are set by the North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District (NCPRD) based on the specific impact a development inside the NCPRD boundaries is expected to have on the District's population and employment.